Welcome to ACWDC .......
ACWDC (African Caribbean Women's Development Centre) is a charitable organisation that positively addresses poverty, disadvantage and social exclusion by providing a range of learning opportunities, community services, activities, projects, including the ACWDC VDP - Volunteer Development Programme.
ACWDC, 603 High Road, London E106RF
ACWDC is located in East London, England, UK.
With disabled access, baby changing facilities, community study space/room hire
ACWDC runs activities and projects at other locations apart from its base in East London. ACWDC can be easily reached by bus (69, 97, W16), overground (Leyton Midland Road), tube (Leyton, Walthamstow Central). ACWDC is 21 minutes from central London.
Examples of what we do:
- Community Supplementary School Project: FAVOUR in Leyton; HeLP in Walthamstow; (Tutoring and learning support for children and young people).
- ACWDC VDP - Volunteer Development Programme.
English classes with a difference'. an advocacy and support service (by appointment)
- Young At Heart Programme (Elders Womens Project ; Elders Mens Project).
- Provide learning opportunities, such '
- Community events, cultural activities, including day trips, education trips.
- Produce the newsletter LABRISH! Current Volume 5, Issue 1 (see download section).
- UP! Project for people with learning disabilities.
- Community research, consultations.
WHEN ARE WE OPEN?
Monday 11.30am - 2.45pm
Wednesday 1pm - 3pm (by appointment)
Thursday 5.15pm - 8.45pm *
Friday 1.45pm - 3.30pm**
Saturday 10am - 1.15pm
*From 14 May 2018
** Photocopying; Administration Support; Fax **
*** Study Space ***
Do you have any questions or comment?
Call 0208 556 4053 or email email@example.com
ACWDC makes every effort to provide community services by fundraising, fees, contracts, grants and donations.